How to Stop Opiate Addiction Using These 10 Proven Principles
By: Reilly Johnson
The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University reports:
“The prevention and reduction of the risky use of addictive substances and the treatment of addiction, in practice, bear little resemblance to the significant body of evidence based practices that have been developed and tested; Indeed only a small fraction of individuals receive interventions or treatment consistent with scientific knowledge about what works.”
Our mission at The Opiate Freedom Center is simple – we want to help people of all ages from all places, achieve their fullest potential, by bringing into the world the best and the newest tools and information to support withdrawal, detox, and lasting recovery from addiction.
I created the 10 principles below for those struggling with addiction. You can use these principles as a foundation and as motivation to support lasting recovery. They’ve helped me, my friends and now my hope is that they can help you too, introducing The OFC’s,
10 Rock Solid Principles
for Faster and Easier
Recovery from Narcotic Addiction.
Recovery Principal #1. You are 100% responsible for your life and quitting.
You can’t blame anyone else for your problems or current predicament. It cannot help you to blame others for YOUR problems. You MUST take COMPLETE responsibility for your life and actions, that’s one way of how you can stop narcotics addiction.
2. No one can make you or anyone else quit. As much as you love your son, sister, mom, brother or aunt, etc. you CANNOT make them quit. You can introduce things to them and try to “set up the atmosphere” to make quitting easier but THEY have to be the one to walk thru that door. DEFINITELY do NOT blame yourself for the addictions of loved ones, it’s not your fault.
3. There is no “right” way or “wrong” way to quit. Different strokes for different folks. Never judge anyone else’s methods or recovery. There are a million different methods people have used to finally quit including hallucinogens, herbs, acupuncture, prescription medications, etc. No method will ever be foolproof. When it comes to quitting it’s to your advantage to be flexible and willing to try new things.
4. Your collective knowledge, support and motivation will largely determine your success. The more you learn about quitting and how others have done it, the better your chances will be. So read studies, talk to others, get motivation and encouragement from any support you can.
5. If you fail, keep trying! Failure only means learning how to NOT do something. So always try again, but try and quit smarter this time around. We need to stop thinking in terms of failure and begin thinking in terms of testing. If you test often, that means you’re always trying to do things in a better way. So Test everything.
6. Forget about the past. Everyone who’s been addicted to pills and drugs has made mistakes (probably a lot). But agonizing about past mistakes & bad decisions will do you no good. Stop punishing yourself as it will only bring you down. Apologize if you need to, then move forward with your life! Thankfully your past does not define your future.
7. Success leaves clues. There’s an infinite number of people who have beaten the same addiction you are now facing. Learn from these people, how were they successful? What can you borrow or mode people! How were they successful? Why? What can you model or borrow to shortcut your own recovery?
8. Replace old bad habits with new good habits. Breaking addiction habits is hard. The psychological urge to use can be a terrible beast. Which is why you MUST REPLACE your current addiction habits with new healthy habits.
9. Replenish nutritional deficiency’s. We all know that steady and prolonged opiate abuse wrecks you mentally, physically and emotionally. There’s many unique supplements that can help ease withdrawal symptoms and speed addiction recovery. Our new line of supplements is designed to do just that.
10. Always keep improving. Trust me, Life’s a lot funnier if you’re good at things. When you have a skill that brings you joy, you have a sanctuary you can always go to for confidence. Our skills and talents are a big reason why we feel good about ourselves. So what are your talents or skills? What do you enjoy doing well? Remember it, get better at it and rely on it as you need. Remember, you’ll be happier in life if you strive to ALWAYS IMPROVE. Thanks for reading!
At Last, 23 Nutrients in 3 Supplements For Support of Your Mind, Body and Emotions
We strive to give you the highest quality products for the lowest possible prices. Our nutraceutical supplements were developed one ingredient at a time to create the best possible supplement for your mind, body and emotions. Our goal is always your complete satisfaction and your health. Which is why we have a "100% No Questions Asked Return Policy."